David's Reformed Church Congregation

David's Reformed Church Congregation
Congregation of David's Reformed Church, Montgomery Co, Ohio, Circa, 1900

Friday, March 26, 2010

Sabina High School Basketball Champions



In keeping with the spirit of the madness of  March wall to wall basketball, today I am sharing two photographs of the Sabina (Clinton County, Ohio) High School basketball team when they won the County Championship.  I am not sure of the exact year, but since my father graduated in 1948, it would have to have been between 1946-1948.  My dad is standing, top row, far left in the bottom portrait.  In the top portrait, you can see him peeking out from behind the boy holding the smaller trophy. Unfortunately, I can't name all the others in the photograph, but I'm sure someone else might be able to.  About the only thing I know of my father's basketball career is the fact that he used to "foul out" often. 
What I really love about these pictures is the expression of sheer joy on their faces.  What a great memory this must have been for all of them.

2 comments:

  1. Lori, what a beautiful job you did on your blog template! I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post - happy looking bunch of young men, who've just made a once-in-a-lifetime memory!

    Love you new template - we must have similar taste, as I changed mine to this last night as well... lol... It's nice that we have a little more flexibility with templates now.

    ReplyDelete