David's Reformed Church Congregation

David's Reformed Church Congregation
Congregation of David's Reformed Church, Montgomery Co, Ohio, Circa, 1900

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday - NCR Blood Bank Card


              The NCR Blood Bank card I found in my father's old wallet

I know that it might sound strange to consider a "blood bank" card one of my treasures, but this one is special.  My father worked as a toolmaker at the NCR corporation in Dayton from the late 1950's until the company cut the majority of it's manufacturing workforce in the 1970's.  I found this card in an old wallet of my father's, along with a few miscellaneous receipts.  I love the fact that it depicts the old NCR logo, but most importantly, it gives my father's blood type and it states that he contributed to the NCR Blood Bank.  The funny thing is I can remember hearing the story of how he could never donate blood after this because he fainted during this first time.  So, this is a treasure for many reasons; not the least of which is the smile it brings to my face when I remember that story.

1 comment:

  1. I don't find it strange in the least ... especially when there is a story behind it!

    ReplyDelete