David's Reformed Church Congregation

David's Reformed Church Congregation
Congregation of David's Reformed Church, Montgomery Co, Ohio, Circa, 1900

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday - William C. Eagle


On our "staycation" in June, I told my family I didn't care what else we did, as long as I was given one day to visit some cemetaries. We had had an extended Ohio winter and I had been unable to go "ancestor hunting" for an extremely long time.  There were a couple in particular where I had some family research to conduct. So, early one morning, we headed out; notebook and cameras in hand. The first place I had on my list to visit was the Hillgrove Cemetery in Miamisburg, (Montgomery Co.) Ohio.  After finding the family members I was looking for, I managed to talk my family into giving me a little time to just explore this lovely place a while longer.   One of the sites that caught my attention was this beautiful stone of remembrance for a gentleman named William C. Eagle, who died at the age of 30 years and 15 days on 1 August, 1864.  I haven't done any research on this young man, but how tragic it was that he died at such a young age.   

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting tombstone, what is the shape? I hope you post photos of your ancestor's stones as well, and I'm glad you had fun during your day at the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete