"Roots. That's a good word for it. Everybody's got a family tree and just to know how the roots grew, well that gives you a sense of who you are." spoken by Martha Corinne Walton, The Waltons, Episode 10, 1976
David's Reformed Church Congregation
Congregation of David's Reformed Church, Montgomery Co, Ohio, Circa, 1900
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Sentimental Sunday - Grandpa Norris and the Stingray Bike
Labels:
Norris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your grandpa was a fun kinda guy-pipe, bicycle and all.
ReplyDeleteI remember sting ray bikes like that!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful grandpa!
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool, and oh, how I remember those bikes!
ReplyDeleteI also love, love, LOVE the picture above of your grandma talking to your son. Isn't that what this journey is all about?
:) Renate
I love, love, love this. Thanks for sharing these pics and little bit about your grandfather.
ReplyDeleteMy sister had a bike like that, and she added lots of streamers on the handles. I thought it was really "groovy" back then!
ReplyDelete