David's Reformed Church Congregation

David's Reformed Church Congregation
Congregation of David's Reformed Church, Montgomery Co, Ohio, Circa, 1900

Friday, January 6, 2012

Family Recipe Friday - Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole

In honor of my mother's birthday, I am sharing her recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole.  This dish is a family favorite and she always has to make more than one casserole for my boys. It's delicious!

Ingredients

2 - 16 oz. packages Extra Wide Noodles
3- 6 oz. cans Tuna Fish

2- 10.5 oz cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 or 2- 15 oz cans peas
1 c. + 1/2 c shredded cheese

Cooking Instructions

1.  Boil water in large pan.
2. Drop noodles into boiling water and cook for 8-11 minutes
3.  Drain noodles and rinse
4. Add tuna, soup, peas, and 1 c. of cheese to the noodles
5.  Add a little water if mixture seems too dry
6.  Sprinkle remaining cheese on top
7.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes



4 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty close to my Mom's recipe, except we always put crumbled potato chips on top. Wish I could get the rest of my family to go for tuna noodle casserole....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of peas, english, blackeyed, purple hulled? Sounds like a very good recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    okfever

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just use good old sweet peas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put an extra small can ( drained ) of Pennsylvania Dutch Mushrooms .
    I know this is an old recipe blog but I found this one googling tuna casserole !

    ReplyDelete