David's Reformed Church Congregation

David's Reformed Church Congregation
Congregation of David's Reformed Church, Montgomery Co, Ohio, Circa, 1900

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sentimental Sunday - Unknown Routsong Gentleman


The distinguished looking gentleman in the above photograph is a member of the Routsong family.  I know this because I found his picture in a cluster of old Routsong photographs that had belonged to my great aunt, Grace Norris Bailey.  He definitely has the features of my great great grandfather, Henry Mathias Routsong, so I think he may be a brother of my great grandmother, Elizabeth Routsong Norris.   I have sent the picture to several people in the family, hoping to put a name to his face, but so far nobody seems to know.  Even so, it is one of my favorite pictures. I love the intensity of his expression and his attitude.  Maybe someday, someone will see this pictures and identify him for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment